After participating in the construction and equipment of the Kanyakumari Hospital, located in the south of India and inaugurated in 2004 coinciding with the tsunami that has affected the area, we have several active projects in close collaboration with ANKUR (Educational Center, located in Mumbai and directed by Sister Primi Vela)
- 4 medical expeditions. Walawalkar Hospital. Since 2006
- Funding for an electric generator from the Cancer_Sida Center (2007)
- Funding for malaria diagnostics equipment for the Pilar Health Center-Port Blair Hospital Laboratory (2008)
- Funding for a respirator for the Intensive care unit (2008)
- Diagnosis of malaria. Hospital de Pilar Health Center-Port Blair. Year 2008
- Intensive Care Respirator Hospital del Pilar Health Center- Port Blair. Year 2008
- Dentists expedition. Hospital del Pilar Health Center-Port Blair. Year 2008
Currently, 53 boys and girls of the slums of Ganeshnagar have financial support for their maintenance, schooling and health care.
The objective of the project is to improve the living conditions of the child population in the slums of Mira Road-Dongri, north of the city of Mumbai, collaborating in their food, hygiene and education.
Every two weeks a lot of basic food and hygiene products is distributed among 300 families, with the essential condition that children go to schools in the area and that mothers attend literacy classes.
The distribution process is controlled by the Sisters of the Congregation of Santa Ana, in the reception center ANKUR (Mumbai,) with the presentation of a ration book and a proof indicating that the child has attended class.
The basic food lot consists of:
- 4 kg. of rice
- 4 kg. of lentils (dahl)
- 10 bananas
- 10 eggs
- Daily 1/2 liter of milk
- 2 kg. of sugar
- 20 liters of bottled mineral water
- 2 large bars of soap for cleaning clothes
- 2 soap bottles for personal cleaning
The cost is 15.25 € (euros) / month per family.
In India, many patients without resources and Chronic Renal Insufficiency need dialysis sessions periodically to continue living.
In 2016, VITAMUNDI collaborated with € 14.000 to partially cover the costs of the dialysis sessions of patients without resources and that are affected by Chronic Renal Failure (CRF) at St.Luke Hospital in Shrirampur (India)
In sum, the cost of 1400 dialysis sessions was assumed for patients with CRF who need about 3 weekly sessions indefinitely. This is because the cost of each session in this Hospital is approximately 30€ and the alternative of a kidney transplant in the future is practically impossible for them.
What we do in…
AFFECTION, DRIVE, OPPORTUNITY
Collaborate with us in our projects
It is a Development aid NGO established in October 2006, with the intention of coordinating specific actions and long-term sustainable projects in different countries with low levels of human, economic and social development.
C.Balmes, 310, pral. 1ª
Phone number: 93 218 16 60
Cellphone: 606 365 305
100% of the contributions allocated in projects.
Expenses are assumed by the founders.
All trips are borne by the expedition members.
FOLLOW OUR ACTIONS IN THE NETWORK
MAKE A DONATION
RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTER